- Same 64-bit, multi-core HSM CAM Kernel as Inventor HSM
- Industry leading toolpath quality for Basic Milling Machining including 2D Roughing and Pocketing, Drilling, Facing, Contouring, and more
- Support for form tools including ability to automatically import Inventor Part Files as Form Tools
- Integrated 64-bit, Multi-core Simulation with toolpath/solid forward, reverse material removal
- Industry leading CNC program editor with file compare, math ops, backplotter, and communications
2D machining can range from the very simple to the very complex. Inventor HSM Express includes all the tools you need for precise control over all aspects of 2D machining, including lead in/out and transitions between passes.
- Drilling and Hole Making
- Adaptive Clearing
- Thread Milling
- Bore Milling
Use Inventor HSM Express to easily machine 2D and 3D contours. Control lead-in and lead-out with or without tool compensation. Choose multiple roughing and finishing passes and multiple depth cuts for any contour. Machine open and closed contours without creating additional geometry and eliminate sharp motion with corner smoothing.
Pocket toolpaths machine closed areas with and without islands. Entry can be selected anywhere on the model and set for plunge, ramp, or at a pre-drilled position. The special high-speed option creates smooth toolpaths that allow for maximum tool engagement, significantly higher feedrates, and reduced machining time and reduced tool wear.
Drilling and Hole Making
Inventor HSM Express includes powerful tools for generating drilling, counterboring and tapping operations. All operations are optimized to minimize tool travel and overall cycletime. Both standard and customized cycles are supported for all point-to-point operations, including spot-drilling, deep drilling with chip break, and boring cycles.
In order to run Autodesk Inventor HSM Express you will need the following:
- A valid license of Autodesk® Inventor® 2014 or Autodesk Inventor LT™ 2014. Don’t have Inventor?
- A PC meeting the minimum requirements to run Autodesk Inventor.
- Serial communications included in Inventor HSM Edit requires that you have a physical and properly functioning RS232 Serial Port on your Workstation or PC. The serial port can be a physical serial port (DB9 – more common, or DB25), a serial communications card (PCI, etc.), or a USB to Serial Converter (typically a USB to DB9 Serial Converter/Adaptor).
- Available for Windows 64-bit only.