The Autodesk® Fusion 360™ Introduction to Parametric Modeling learning guide provides you with an understanding of the parametric design philosophy using the Autodesk® Fusion 360™ software. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, you will learn the key skills and knowledge required to design models using the Autodesk Fusion 360 software. Enhanced with CADLearning videos from 4D Technologies, LLC., this learning guide will also assist you in preparing for the Autodesk Fusion 360 Certified User exam.
This student guide references supporting online Video Lessons. Using any internet browser, you can watch and listen as subject-matter experts explain features and functions related to a particular student guide topic. One-year access to these Video Lessons is included with the purchase of this book, which includes instructions on how to register.
About the Software
As a cloud-based platform, updates are frequently available for the Autodesk Fusion 360 software. This courseware has been developed using software version: 2.0.3173. If you are using a version of the software later than version 2.0.3173, you might notice some variances between images and workflows in this student guide and the software that you are using.
- Understanding the Autodesk Fusion 360 interface
- Creating, constraining, and dimensioning 2D sketches
- Creating and editing solid 3D features
- Creating and using construction features
- Creating equations and working with parameters
- Manipulating the feature history of a design
- Duplicating geometry in a design
- Placing and constraining/connecting components in a single design file
- Defining motion in a multi-component design
- Creating components and features in a multi-component design
- Creating and editing T-spline geometry
- Documenting a design in drawings
- Defining structural constraints and loads for static analysis
As an introductory book, no prior knowledge of any 3D modeling or CAD software is required. However, students do need to be experienced with the Windows operating system and a background in drafting of 3D parts is recommended.
Course Table of Contents
View Current Course Schedule