The Autodesk® Inventor® 2017 (R2): Tube and Pipe Design student guide instructs students on the use of the Inventor Tube and Pipe environment. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to design routed elements, including tubing, piping, and flexible hose. With specific tools to incorporate tube and pipe runs into digital prototypes, the Inventor Tube and Pipe environment provides rules-based routing tools that select the correct fittings and helps the pipe run to comply with your standards for segment length, round-off increments, and bend radius, that the student will learn to maximize.
- Describe the tube and pipe environment and why you would use it.
- Set up routes and runs and place the initial fittings in your tube and pipe design.
- Create, edit, and manage routes for rigid pipe, rigid tube, and flexible hose designs.
- Manage content libraries, publish custom content to content libraries, and create new styles that use custom content
- Document tube and pipe designs through the creation of 2D drawings and parts lists and export the 3D design data.
This training guide is designed for experienced users of the Autodesk Inventor software. The following is recommended:
- Students should have completed the Autodesk® Inventor® 2016: Introduction to Solid Modeling training guide, or have an equivalent understanding of the Autodesk Inventor 2016 user interface and working environments.
- Knowledge of part modeling, assembly modeling, and drawing view creation and annotation, is recommended.
Course Table of Contents
View Current Course Schedule