The Autodesk® Navisworks® 2017 (R1): Essentials student guide instructs students in best approaches to combine 3D geometry from cross disciplines into one scene to enable effective model reviews. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to review and markup the model, use TimeLiner, Animator, Scripter, Quantification, Autodesk Rendering, as well as the Clash Detective tools within the Autodesk Navisworks software.
Using the functionality of the Autodesk® Navisworks® Simulate, and Manage features, students learn how to open, review, quantify, and run object-interference checks on 3D models. Students also learn how to link to task-scheduling files and create 4D construction simulations. Using the Animator and Scripter tools, students create interactive animations. In addition, students learn how the Autodesk Rendering tools can help them create photorealistic images and animations.
- Describe the main features and functionality of the Autodesk® Navisworks® software.
- Open and append 3D files of different formats and save in the Autodesk Navisworks format.
- Create links to object properties files and scheduling files in external databases.
- Perform visual project model reviews using the built-in review and reporting tools.
- Create construction simulations of a project model to check validity of construction schedules.
- Use Animator and Scripter to create interactive animations for presentations and demonstrations.
- Obtain 2D and 3D takeoff data from source models to create material estimates, measure areas, and count components.
- Perform interference detection tests between 3D files of different disciplines to check integrity of the design.
- Add true-to-life materials, lighting, and Environments to project models, to create photorealistic output.
Before using this training guide, students should have working knowledge of 3D design and task-scheduling software. This training guide is designed for new and experienced Autodesk Navisworks users who need to become familiar with the main tools within the software.
Course Table of Contents
View Current Course Schedule