The objective of the Autodesk® Revit® 2017 (R1) BIM Management: Template and Family Creation student guide is to enable users who have worked with the software to expand their knowledge in setting up office standards with templates that include annotation styles, preset views, sheets, and schedules, as well as creating custom system, in-place, and component families.
This student guide contains practices that are specific to each discipline.
- Create custom templates with annotation styles, title blocks, and custom element types.
- Create schedules, including material takeoff schedules with formula.
- Create custom wall, roof, and floor types as well as MEP system families.
- Set up a component family file with a parametric framework.
- Create family geometry.
- Create family types.
- Create specific families, including in-place families, profiles, annotations, and parameters.
The student guide also contains discipline-specific practices for families, including: doors, windows, railings, pipe fittings, light fixtures, gusset plates, and built-up columns.
Students should be comfortable with the fundamentals of the Autodesk Revit software, as found in the Autodesk Revit 2016 Architecture Fundamentals, Autodesk Revit 2016 Structure Fundamentals, or Autodesk Revit 2016 MEP Fundamentals training guides. Knowledge of basic techniques is assumed, such as creating standard element, copying and moving elements, and creating and working with views, etc. Information on Collaboration Tools, Conceptual Design, and Site and Structural Design are covered in additional training guides.
Course Table of Contents
View Current Course Schedule