AutoCAD Beyond the Basics
Note: This guide is designed for the Windows version of AutoCAD® 2020 and may not be compatible with the Mac version of AutoCAD® 2020.
The objective of AutoCAD 2020: Beyond the Basics is to enable you to create, modify, and work with a 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software.
The AutoCAD® 2020: Beyond the Basics guide continues on from the topics covered in the AutoCAD® 2020: Essentials guide. It covers more sophisticated techniques that extend your mastery of the software. For example, here you go beyond the basic skill of using a template to understand the process of setting up a template, creating annotation styles, and how to work with external references. You learn such skills as:
- Using more advanced editing and construction techniques.
- Adding parametric constraints to objects.
- Creating local and global blocks.
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates.
- Attaching External References.
The AutoCAD® 2020: Beyond the Basics guide is not recommended for users that have completed the AutoCAD® 2020: Fundamentals guide, because Beyond the Basics contains the same content.
- Access to the 2020 version of the software. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions.
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology.
- A working knowledge of your operating system.