- Jon PhelpsSenior Technical Consultant
In the 15 years at ECAD John has taught over 300 training classes including intermediate to advanced, customized AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D, P&ID, Vault and Inventor. He is well versed in building templates, libraries, and customizing AutoCAD Plant 3D, P&ID, Vault, and Inventor. John has past experience in implementing Vault, including installation, configuration, customization, and workflow documentation.
TimeCentral Standard Time (GMT-6)
AutoCAD® Fundamentals (AutoCAD Essentials + Beyond the Basics)
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools
- Organizing drawing objects on layers
- Using reusable symbols (blocks)
- Preparing a layout to be plotted
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions
- Using more advanced editing and construction techniques
- Adding parametric constraints to objects
- Creating local and global blocks
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates
- Attaching External References
- Access to the 2020 version of the software. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions.
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology.
- A working knowledge of your operating system.