This learning guide introduces users to drawing-based and geospatial features within the AutoCAD® Map 3D software. Users learn about the features and functions of the AutoCAD Map 3D software, including how to create, manage, and map data. The learning guide covers the fundamental topics of the AutoCAD Map 3D software.
- Understand the AutoCAD Map 3D user interface.
- Create and edit mapping geometry.
- Link and manage drawing-based attribute data.
- Use object classification.
- Connect to geospatial features.
- Edit geospatial features.
- Import and export drawing-based data.
- Work with raster images.
- Work with source drawings.
- Use source drawing queries.
- Stylize drawings and geospatial features.
- Create Map Books and plot maps.
- Use Survey Data with AutoCAD Map 3D’s Survey Data Stores.
- Work with AutoCAD Map 3D’s Industry Models.
- Note: This guide is designed for the Windows version of AutoCAD® 2020. It may not be compatible with the Mac version of AutoCAD® 2020.
- Access to the AutoCAD Map 3D 2020 Windows version of the software. The exercises and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions.
- Experience with AutoCAD® or AutoCAD-based products and a sound understanding and knowledge of Mapping and GIS terminology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows® software.