Autodesk BIM 360 Fundamentals
Over the course of this guide, you will learn how to upload civil, architectural, structural, and MEP models to the BIM 360 Platform in the cloud. You will use review and markup tools for communicating issues across disciplines. Finally, you will uncover potential problems using the project dashboards.
This guide is designed for new end users of the Autodesk BIM 360 platform and is written for the Next Generation version. This “Next Gen” version is modular with integrated platforms such as Glue, Build, etc. that can interact. The previous version of BIM 360 had each of the components as a standalone product with limited integration.
This Guide covers the BIM 360 Docs, Glue, and Build platforms.
Note: Prior to conducting this course, projects need to be properly setup in BIM 360 Docs by an administrator.
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk BIM 360 Docs product.
- Upload Models
- Navigating the Autodesk BIM 360 web browser and mobile interfaces.
- Uploading construction sets and 3D models.
- Review and Analyze Models
- Using basic viewing tools.
- Sectioning a model.
- Investigating properties.
- Measuring a model.
- Marking up the model.
- Comparing document versions.
- Creating Issues and Requests For Information (RFIs).
- Project Management
- Creating and managing Issues, RFIs and Submittals.
- Field Management
- Creating daily logs.
- Creating checklists.
- Create and manage punchlist items.
- Reviewing a model for clashes.
- Notifying other team members of clashes and markups.
- Assess Risks
- Monitor Project metrics.
- Access to the NextGen version of the platform. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with “Classic” versions.
- A BIM 360 Project must be properly set up by a BIM 360 Administrator.