- Jon PhelpsSenior Technical Consultant
In the 15 years at ECAD John has taught over 300 training classes including intermediate to advanced, customized AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D, P&ID, Vault and Inventor. He is well versed in building templates, libraries, and customizing AutoCAD Plant 3D, P&ID, Vault, and Inventor. John has past experience in implementing Vault, including installation, configuration, customization, and workflow documentation.
TimeCentral Standard Time (GMT-6)
Autodesk Inventor Advanced Assembly Modeling
- Applying motion to existing assembly constraints using Motion and Transitional Constraints.
- Introduction of the Top-Down Design technique for creating assemblies and its components.
- Tools for Top-Down Design, such as associative links, adaptive parts, multi-body and layout design, derived components, and skeleton models.
- Creating Positional Representations to review motion, evaluate the position of assembly components, or document an assembly in a drawing.
- Using Shrinkwrap and other model simplification tools to create a part model that represents an overall assembly.
- Creating Level of Detail Representations to reduce the clutter of large assemblies, reduce retrieval times, and substituting models.
- Using the Design Accelerator to easily insert standard and customizable components and features into your model.
- Creating rendered realistic images and animations of parts and assemblies using Autodesk Inventor Studio and the Video Producer.
- Access to the 2020.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide are not compatible with prior versions (i.e., 2019).
- The class assumes mastery of Autodesk Inventor basics as taught in Autodesk® Inventor®: Introduction to Solid Modeling. In addition, Autodesk® Inventor®: Advanced Part Modeling knowledge is recommended.
- The use of Microsoft® Excel is required for this training course.