Autodesk Inventor Introduction for Experienced 3D CAD Users
The Autodesk® Inventor® 2020: Introduction for Experienced 3D CAD Users learning guide is intended to provide accelerated introductory training in the Autodesk® Inventor® software. This learning guide is designed for users that have 3D modeling design experience with other 3D CAD software packages (e.g., CATIA™, Pro/ENGINEER®, Creo Parametric™, NX™, SolidWorks®, etc.).
By leveraging the experience users gain in working with other 3D modeling software packages, this hands-on, practice-intensive guide is developed so that new users in the Autodesk Inventor software can benefit from a shorter, introductory-level, learning guide. You are taught how to find and use the modeling tools associated with familiar modeling strategies that are used in other 3D CAD software. You will acquire the knowledge required to complete the process of creating models from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production.
- The Autodesk Inventor software interface
- Obtaining model information
- Creating sketch and pick and place features
- Work Features
- Creating equations and working with parameters
- Model geometry and model display manipulation
- Feature duplication techniques
- Placing and constraining parts in assemblies
- Assembly component display
- Presentation files (Exploded views and Animations)
- Assembly tools
- Creating parts and features in assemblies
- Creating and editing assembly Bill of Materials
- Working with projects
- Creating and annotating drawings and views
- Access to the 2020.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide are not compatible with prior versions (i.e., 2019).
- Prior knowledge of 3D modeling and 3D CAD software. Users with AutoCAD® or AutoCAD® Mechanical experience are recommended to use the Autodesk Inventor 2020: Introduction to Solid Modeling guide.