Autodesk Moldflow Fundamentals
The Autodesk Moldflow Insight Fundamentals 2019 training material consists of two learning guides: Theory & Concepts, and Practice. The Theory & Concepts guide discusses the theory, background, and workflows used in Autodesk Moldflow Insight to teach students how to apply Moldflow analysis techniques to their parts. In the Practice guide, students are provided with exercises to practice the workflows that have been discussed. Overall, the goal is to teach students to become more efficient at creating digital prototypes, running analyses, and interpreting the results of most of the analysis types available in the Autodesk Moldflow Insight software.
- Navigate and use the Interface.
- Complete a Cool, Fill + Pack + Warp analysis.
- Step through the general process for analysis projects.
- Use flow charts to discuss optimization of filling, packing, and warpage of a part.
- Meshing workflow.
- Gate placement guidelines and gate location analysis.
- Conducting and interpreting a molding window analysis.
- Types, manipulation, and interpretation of results.
- Working with runners (designs, modeling, and balancing)
- Procedures to set a packing profile.
- Advanced options for a flow analysis.
- Using Autodesk Moldflow Communicator.
- Overview and working with thermoplastics and the injection molding process
- Using finite elements with Moldflow.
- Creating HTML, PowerPoint, and Word based reports of an analysis.
- Creating part models, feed systems, and cooling channels.
- Flow behavior.
- Using the modeling tools.
- Searching and comparing materials.
- Designing flow leaders and flow deflectors.
- Using valve gates.
- Access to the 2019 version of the software. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions.
- Prior mold analysis experience is not necessary.