- Aaron SimpsonTechnical Consultant
In the 5 years at ECAD, Aaron has taught over 100 training classes. He has taught intermediate to advanced customized topics including Civil 3D, Revit MEP, Revit Structural, Revit Architectural, AutoCAD Plant 3D, and P&ID. Aaron has produced screencasts for the Autodesk Knowledge Network. He is well versed in customization services such as custom reports, specs, project setup, and template creation as well as consulting on best practices with AutoCAD Plant 3D and P&ID.
TimeCentral Standard Time (GMT-6)
Autodesk Revit Architecture Fundamentals
- Understanding the purpose of BIM and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic sketching and modifying tools.
- Linking CAD and Revit files as the basis of a project.
- Creating Levels and Grids as datum elements for the model.
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors.
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment.
- Adding floors, ceilings, and roofs to the building model.
- Modeling stairs, railings, and ramps.
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Creating details.
- Access to the 2020 version of the software. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions.
- An understanding of architectural terminology is an asset.