- Aaron SimpsonTechnical Consultant
In the 5 years at ECAD, Aaron has taught over 100 training classes. He has taught intermediate to advanced customized topics including Civil 3D, Revit MEP, Revit Structural, Revit Architectural, AutoCAD Plant 3D, and P&ID. Aaron has produced screencasts for the Autodesk Knowledge Network. He is well versed in customization services such as custom reports, specs, project setup, and template creation as well as consulting on best practices with AutoCAD Plant 3D and P&ID.
TimeCentral Standard Time (GMT-6)
Autodesk Revit Structure
- Introduction to the Autodesk Revit software
- Basic drawing and editing tools
- Setting up levels and grids
- Working with views
- Starting a structural project based on a linked architectural model
- Adding structural columns and walls
- Adding foundations and structural slabs
- Structural reinforcement
- Beams, trusses, and framing systems
- Analytical models and placing loads
- Project practices to reinforce learning
- Construction documents
- Annotating construction documents
- Detailing and Scheduling
- Access to the 2020.0 version of the software (or later). The practices and files included with this guide are not compatible with prior versions. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that will not be reflected in this guide.
- This guide introduces the fundamental skills in learning how to use the Autodesk Revit software, with a focus on the structural tools. It is highly recommended that students have experience and knowledge in structural engineering and its terminology.