- Ken MartinezSenior Technical Consultant
With over 30 years in the Civil/Survey and GIS Industry, Ken has taught over 200 training classes including intermediate to advanced, customized AutoCAD Civil 3D, Map 3D and Infraworks. He has been a keynote speaker at the Professional Land Surveyors conference of Colorado, WES Wyoming Engineering Society conference, The Mexico PLS Conference and Autodesk University. Ken is well versed in dynamic block creation, Autodesk sub assembly composer (SAC), creating custom sub assemblies for corridors and CAD management.
TimeCentral Standard Time (GMT-6)
GIS into the Civil 3D Workflow
- Assigning a Coordinate System.
- Re Projecting from one Coordinate System to another.
- Grid Coordinate Systems.
- Ground Coordinate Systems.
- File and Data types.
- Import from ESRI *.shp file.
- Export to ESRI *.shp file.
- MAPIMPORT vs FDO Connect.
- Working with Raster Images.
- Connecting to a Microsoft Access Data Base.
- Importing USDA Data for Surface generation (Civil 3D Surfaces).
- One drawing for all our GIS related data.
- Understand what Attribute Information is.
- Create Object Classification.
- Connecting to Geo Spatial Features.
- Drawing Based Attributes
- Learn how to Query from one drawing to another.
- Query with using Attribute information, such as “Elevation” when importing GIS
- Stylizing with FDO (Connected data).
- Theming with FDO (Connected data).
- Link Template annotation for Drawing Based Data