- Automated production of Loop Diagrams. (In AutoCAD Format)
- Automated production of Hook up Diagrams. (In AutoCAD Format)
- Automated production of Wiring /Terminal Strip diagrams (In AutoCAD Format)
- Automated production of Instrument Data Sheets. (In MS-EXCEL Format)
- Automated production of Instrument Index report.
- Automated production of Bill of materials report.
- Automated production of Cables Schedule report.
- Automated production of wire interconnection lists.
- Automated production of conductor/core interconnection lists.
- Automated production of USER defined reports.
- Project Management and Revision tracking.
- Automated project drawing index list.
- Automated materials quantity summary report.
- Automated wire label / ferrule lists.
- Tag name duplication cross referencing report.
- Automated warnings summary.
- Revision comparison reports for all parts and connections.
Supported Operating Systems : EDS supports the following Microsoft operating systems:
- Windows XP 32bit (SP3)
- Windows XP 64bit (SP2)
- Windows Vista 32bit (SP2)
- Windows Vista 64bit (SP2)
- Windows 7 32bit (SP1 or later)
- Windows 7 64bit (SP1 or later) (Recommended)
- Windows 8 32bit
- Windows 8 64bit
EDS requires the Microsoft DotNet Framework v4.0 to be installed. The EDS Installer will attempt to install the DotNet Framework v4.0 if it is not detected, but it is recommended to install this manually before installing EDS. Available on the EDS installation media or from Microsoft.com.
32bit Operating System Limitations
32bit versions of Windows operating systems have a limited amount of memory (RAM) that each application can use. This limit is typically 2GB. If you are working with large projects and encountering performance issues or memory errors on a 32bit Windows, you should consider switching to a 64bit version of Windows. This will allow EDS applications to use as much memory as you have installed in your system. Windows 7 64bit with at least 8GB of RAM is recommended for large projects.
Supported CAD Software
Elecdes and Paneldes require one of the following CAD applications:
- · AutoCAD 2000 – 2014 (including derivatives, such as AutoCAD P&ID) · GStarCAD 2010 Professional, 2012 EX Professional · FelixCAD 5.0 (only for Elecdes) · PowerCAD 5, 6, 7 (only for Elecdes) · AutoCAD 2010 or later is recommended. Note: Some Elecdes and Paneldes features are only supported in AutoCAD 2007 and later. Supported Drawing Formats EDS supports the following AutoCAD DWG file versions: · 2000 (Some features are not supported in this drawing format) · 2004 (Some features are not supported in this drawing format) · 2007 · 2010 & 2013 · 2014 & 2015 Supported Database Engines Database Editor, Ebase, Catalog, and Global Editor use the DBASE 3 database format (stored as *.DBF files) Instrument Manager and Cable Scheduler can use the Microsoft Access database format (stored as *.MDB or *.ACCDB files) or can connect to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (or later). Note: SQL Server Express is free and suitable for small and medium sized project databases. Note: SQL Server 2000 requires Service Pack 4 or later.