- Ken MartinezSenior Technical Consultant
With over 30 years in the Civil/Survey and GIS Industry, Ken has taught over 200 training classes including intermediate to advanced, customized AutoCAD Civil 3D, Map 3D and Infraworks. He has been a keynote speaker at the Professional Land Surveyors conference of Colorado, WES Wyoming Engineering Society conference, The Mexico PLS Conference and Autodesk University. Ken is well versed in dynamic block creation, Autodesk sub assembly composer (SAC), creating custom sub assemblies for corridors and CAD management.
TimeCentral Standard Time (GMT-6)
Grading in Civil 3D
Grading has been one of the most challenging items in Civil 3D. Whether it is a simple curb return or a 400 lot subdivision. This course was designed for the intermediate to advanced user who wish to learn and expand on their Grading techniques. A solid background in the use of Civil 3D surfaces is recommended. Bring all of your Grading questions with you. In this class we will cover the following:
- Feature Lines vs. 3d Polys. The Good and the Bad.
- Elevation Editor and its associated tools for Feature Line Grading.
- Corridors are not just for Roads, using them for other items.
- Using Corridor and Grading objects to complement each other.
- Bonus: Several Custom Sub-assemblies to make your Grading a little easier.
- Best Management Practices for managing your “Sites” in Prospector.
- Best Management Practices for Drawing Stability.
- Earthwork Volumes.
- Making the TIN (Triangulated Irregular Network, the back bone of any surface) work for you, and being able to read the TIN for possible errors.
- Making street Intersection Grading easy.
- Pond Grading.
- Kens tips and tricks to Grading (don’t make it harder than it needs to be).
- Projection Grading. Establishing grades for one Surface with another Surface.
Prerequisites: some familiarity is required with Civil 3d. Knowledge of Prospector Tab, Settings tab and some experience with Grading is preferred.